BLOG
Tuesday, August 29, 2006

REASON FOR WHY I NEED TO GET SOME SLEEP

ATTENDING DOCTORS



Me: I just came from seeing this patient and he doesn't look good, we've tried everything but he is still not weighing more than 5.2 pounds.
AD: What?
Me: He is a baby.
AD: Oh, ok then I'll be right there.



After they take an hour to check on the patient those simple words 'I'll be right there' mean 'I don't have the time for you'. Then you defend the patients and you get into trouble, you can totally feel the next words the attendings are about to say when I answer with a ''tone'' in my voice to whatever useless question they ask, and here it comes their own defence with a 'What's wrong?' or 'What's the matter with you', and then I answer 'the system' when all I really want to yell it's 'You'.

Someone once told me not to take things personal if I wanted to survive being surrounded with so much pain, but this is not about me, this is about those who trust us and wait because they believe we will do everything possible to help them. And I feel so sorry I'm part of a system that doesn't work. I wish we could all do our best day after day.




Listening to:












FLICKR

GLOBAL VOICES ONLINE

VOCES LATINAS EN LINEA

VOCES LATINAS BLOG

SITE FEED

Site Meter XML

TECHNORATI


Copyright 2002 - 2007 AT